blankhomeaboutthe fammy faithwhats cookinget crafty

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Milk Chocolate and Orange Cocoa

This Orange hot chocolate reminds me of the first time I was introduced to the Milk Chocolate Orange. I mean how cute is this! Each perfect little wedge of orange flavored chocolate...how can you resist!
I found that one of the only times I could really find the Chocolate Orange was at Christmas. Well, now I can have those same delicious flavors anytime I want with this recipe!
Milk Chocolate and Orange Cocoa

Ingredients:
1/3 cup whipping cream, chilled
1 teaspoon brown sugar
4 1/2 cups whole milk
zest from 4 large oranges
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
9 oz milk chocolate, finely chopped

Directions:
Whip cream with brown sugar until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate. MIx milk with zest from oranges in a saucepan and heat to a simmer. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes. Strain zest from the mixture and bring liquid to a simmer. Stir in cocoa powder and chocolate, whisking until smooth. Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream mixture.
Untitled_zpsf419afba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips